Welcome to Sweden (3S) Class Page
Class Teacher: Mrs Forsyth
Year 3 Support Staff: Miss Simmons and Mrs Olive
Year 3 code of conduct:
- Be respectful to everyone.
- Always try our best.
- Show politeness.
- Respect resources and the school environment.
Year 3 Playground code of conduct:
- Be a good friend.
- Follow instructions to stay safe.
- Use play equipment safely.
- Be patient and take turns.
Summer Term Curriculum Overview
Curriculum Overview Summer Term
What an amazing day! Despite the forecasted mini heatwave, Year 3 continued with their fieldwork trip to compare the land use of the River Walk and Witham town centre. The children behaved brilliantly, diligently completing their activities to compare the two locations. We had lunch under the shade of two very large trees and then had a little 'playtime' before continuing to the north part of the river. A big 'thank you' to our parent helpers
As part of the whole school Music Day, Year 3 were inspired by The Night on the Bare Mountain by Modest Mussorgsky to draw our own mountains. We learned musical notation and did some stave jumping to help us remember the notes, before composing our own pieces. We then performed in front of the class.
clapping musical notation
Musical performances based on The Night on the Bare Mountain
Today Year 3 trekked from Nepal to the UK following in the footsteps of Con and Ellen in our class book The Abominables. As in the story, the children transported two baby yetis (called Ambrose) to safety in Farley Towers in the UK. To do this, they had to solve English and maths clues, collect stamps, colour flags and solve a compass point challenge. .
Today was the culmination of Year 3 Stage 3 Stone Age history topic. The children read/recited poems that they had written in English, while displaying their cave art. The type of poem and content were written by the children to reflect their knowledge learning of The Stone Age. A big well done to each and every child.
Homework is set every Friday. Each week the children will be set:
- Spellings - set in their planner/on Spelling Shed. The spelling test will be the following Thursday morning and will be in their planners so you can monitor your child's progress. The children are in different spelling groups so will not necessarily have the same spellings as their friends.
- Reading - Please record in your child's planner when you have listened to them each day. Please listen to your child read for at least 10 minutes a day. Thank you
- Times Tables Rockstars - By the end of Year 3 children should know their 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10. By the end of Year 4 children should know up to 12x12 including the inverse (division) equivalent. The children complete their TTRS sheets in class and receive stickers and certificates. The times table booklet is for them to practise at home.
Please use the links below to log onto the different sites. Some devices may struggle with these websites.
When do I have PE?
Key Skills comprises PE, RE and computing for this half term. Please remember your PE kit including a dark/black tracksuit to wear over the top of the indoor kit for outdoor PE. All footwear should be black. No item of clothing should contain any logos. Thank you. Please take out earrings at home if the child cannot do this themselves. Your support is much appreciated.