The Livewell Project
The Livewell project.
Braintree district council and Essex County council are working in partnership to develop a new initiative entitled “Livewell Child” to support families to live healthier lifestyles and become more active.
What is the ‘Livewell’ project?
The Livewell project was designed to:
- Improve health and wellbeing.
- Designed to engage communities, families and individuals.
- Reduce costs to the NHS on social care and health.
All Essex local authorities and Livewell partners have come together to collaborate on the health and wellbeing agenda and work towards achieving better health outcomes for people across Essex.
Our role as a school
We are one of 10 schools that are part of the pilot study to improve health and well-being for younger children.
Our role in school is to promote healthy lifestyles by:
- Having a keen interest in educating children on healthy eating, what this looks like and how this can affect our bodies.
- To promote physical activity through engaging and stimulating PE lessons and after school clubs.
- To educate children on the importance of personal hygiene and how to look after ourselves effectively.
What can you do?
In order to support your child with the Livewell project you could:
- Ensure your child has a healthy packed lunch (see packed lunch policy).
- Encourage your child to participate in 30 minutes of exercise a day.
- If possible, include your children in cooking lunch/dinner to help educate them in what a healthy meal is.
- Encourage your children to eat lots of fruit and vegetables.
- If possible, encourage your children to help with the weekly shopping.